PPAC COVID-19 Advisory
August 26, 2021
July 1, 2021
- The nursery will be open for parents to be with their children during the service
- Kids ages 2-9 will be supervised in room 201 and the KidShine wing. They can be dropped off as you arrive, prior to the service starting (there will be no dismissal of kids during the service throughout July)
- Please note: All volunteers and staff working with kids will be wearing masks throughout the class.
5. Communion: Please pick up a cup & wafer (packaged as one) as you enter the sanctuary as we will not be handing out communion elements during the service.
6. Offering: Please leave your offering in the offering boxes located upstairs and downstairs as we will not be passing the offering bags during the service.
7. Online: If you are feeling unwell or have any sort of sickness, please stay at home and join us online. If you are feeling fine, but you are not ready to join us back in person (or you are waiting for your second vaccination shot), please join us online.
June 11, 2021
We are excited to join together for Sunday services in person again! Beginning June 20th you will have the option to either worship online or in person. In person services will be limited attendance and participation as per the Provincial Health regulations. Registration for Sunday, June 20th will be available on Monday, June 14th here.
May 28, 2021
We are thankful for and excited about the recently articulated Reopening plan that will (hopefully) see us move into a degree of ‘normal’ church ministry this September. Until then, we anticipate some degree of uncertainty as regulations shift and change over the next three months. This week the Provincial Health authority made it possible for churches to meet for in-person services to a maximum of 50 people, but specified that those present were unable to sing in the service or meet socially afterwards.
Over the last year many of you have expressed the desire to meet in-person so that we can corporately worship together and connect relationally. In light of the fact that neither of these two values are able to be experienced with the current guidelines, we plan to continue with our current ‘church at home’ model until we see the current guidelines expanded further in the upcoming weeks. We will do our best to communicate any changes along the way via email and social media.
We’re getting close folks… may you know the peaceful and persevering presence of God’s Spirit with you in these days. Pastor Scott
January 8, 2021
In response to the most recent Public Health Guidelines for British Columbia on January 7th, we will continue to gather together in our various ministries online.
December 8, 2020
Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry extended the restrictions limiting gatherings until January 8, 2021. It is our intention to honour this request and continue with online Sunday services and online ministry groups until at least January 8, 2021.
November 19, 2020
You can watch our services online at either 9 or 11am by visiting: https://peaceportal.online.church/
If you are unable to join us at 9AM or 11AM you can watch our Sunday Services on demand, from our Youtube channel, starting at 12PM each Sunday. https://www.youtube.com/c/PeacePortalChurch
Our prayer is that despite the uncertainty of these times, that you be encouraged in your faith as we remain the church, together, gathering online from various places.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” - Romans 15:13