UGANDA 2020 TRIP DETAILS
Where: Mpigi, Uganda
When: July 8 –July 28, 2020 (within 2-3 days)
Activities: Those on the team can expect to be involved in
- Tenting (indoors) at the 10 acre site
- Teaching at and worshipping with our Ugandan sister church
- Work projects on the 10 acre site/ Heritage School Site4.Joining the team in Uganda in Care and Compassion Visits5.A two-day debrief in Uganda.
Team Costs: $3050-3550 (dependant on plane ticket costs)This includes flights, accommodation, transportation, food, supplies for Care & Compassion projects, and debrief. All payments for the team costs are tax-deductible
Extra Costs: (Not included in Team Costs & not tax-deductible):
- Immunizations: $0 -$350 (Depending on age & previous shots)
- Passport: $85 (Not expiring within 6 months of trip dates)
- Uganda Visa (for entry into country): $50 US
- Food during travel days: $100
- Malaria Pills: Depends on preference/type
- Souvenirs: $0 -$100
Time: Team meetings both at Peace Portal and local serve opportunities will begin in February and are mandatory for information and team-building. There will also be a required post-trip meeting.
Application Due: Applications are due December 15th, 2019.
- Fill out online Application
- You will be contacted to meet and talk further about the trip
- If application and interview result in approval, either a $500 deposit or payment for flights will be required in order to hold your spot.
Donations made towards any missions trip become the property of the church, for tax receipt purposes. By church policy, if for any reason the trip has to be cancelled the Board of Elders must decide where those funds may be used. By Canada Revenue Agency policy, they cannot be returned to the donor.